Wednesday 2 January 2013

Day 1 of Project... The task ahead!

 
First time blogger here! Just wanted to chart the progress of turning part of my garage into a dedicated Lego display room! My collection is currently taking up the wall, floors and shelving of the guest bedroom of my house, but as my collection grows, I am running out of space to display all my sets. My main collection is from the Star Wars range, but I have recently begun to branch out into other franchised lines such as Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, Indiana Jones, Marvel Superheroes and Collectable Minifigs. I presently have over 250 sets but have never been able to display them all due to moving several times a few years ago and taking forever to reassemble them! My wife, quite rightly, wants the bedroom back so I have struck a deal and I am allowed to convert part of the garage space, leaving enough room left for the lawnmover, tools etc but partitioning off a 5m square area to display my Lego! Over the next few weeks and months I will blog and photograph the steps taken to do the conversion and hopefully also talk more about collecting Lego in general! Any tips or hints appreciated!
 
Current home of Lego
 
Garage to be converted


No comments:

Post a Comment